Saturday, September 19, 2009

Poor baby!

Recent visit with Grandma, Grandpa and oldest cousin Corrine.
Mommy and Daddy often find me like this after I wake from my naps

Notice the Duke apparrel. I am definitely my Daddy's boy! Maybe one day I'll play basketball there!

Concentrating hard playing my piano. Grandma thinks I'll be a pianist one day with my long fingers.

Playing with my blocks.
I am going through my first illness. I have been running a fever since Tuesday night this week ranging from 100.5 to 103.3. Mommy has to give me this yucky medicine which I really do not like. My flu test on Wednesday was negative, but my pediatrician felt I still needed to be treated for the flu since I have flu symptoms. Also, I've had a runny nose for over 2 weeks which has worsened and with the added fever, the doctor said I need to take an antibiotic too. I had to get blood drawn from my arm. My white blood cell count is high, so I am fighting off some kind of infection. I can barely breathe out of my nose which makes eating very difficult, and Mommy and Daddy are constantly wiping my nose. The medicine upsets my tummy so I have been throwing up and have diarrhea. Plus my gums have been bothering me because I am still teething. What a rough week it has been for me plus my mommy and daddy!
I got my 2 upper teeth in and actually I am about to have 4 upper teeth in - the other 2 are about to break through! Now my lower gums are starting to get red and swollen.
I had a "photo shoot" this week before I got sick. The proofs are adorable, I must admit. Can't wait to get the pictures. I have such a BIG smile!
I am pulling up and crawling and climbing on everything! When I wake up from my naps I like to stand up and play in my crib until Mommy comes in and finds me.
I am really starting to enjoy many new foods. My favorite veggie is sweet potatoes; I gobble them up! I like lots of fruits, but my favorite is probably bananas.

No comments:

Post a Comment