Saturday, October 17, 2009

A Mouth Full of Teeth!

I am working on 2 more teeth which will make #7 and #8. I already have 4 on the top and two on the bottom, and the two new teeth are poking through the bottom gums. I like to bite everything because it just feels so good on my gums. However, Mommy doesn't like it too much because I usually bite her finger when she brushes my teeth. I have a pretty good appetite these days. I eat 3 jars of level 2 baby food each day. Plus, I have about six 6 oz bottles each day. I haven't turned away any kind of baby food. The only thing I'm not real crazy about is green beans, but I will still eat them . . . a little hesitantly. Mommy has recently introduced me to the sweet potatoes and turkey dinner. I like it pretty good - an early Thanksgiving feast! Also, I am getting accustomed to eating puffs. Mommy makes me take small bites because sometimes I get choked up. I have been learning to drink from a spill-proof sippy cup for quite a while now. I pretty much just bite on the spout more than anything, but I still get some water out that way and most of it ends up on my clothes.
I am a very active little fellow. I can crawl around the house like a little speed demon. I can pull up on just about anything, even the bare wall by pressing my weight into it and standing. I have started cruising around the couch and tables some. I will even let go and maintain my balance for about one or two seconds before I fall to the floor. Mommy and Daddy know what this means: I will be walking in the near future!
Oh, I almost forgot. I have some BREAKING NEWS. I started sleeping through the night about a week ago. Just out of the blue I started sleeping from roughly 8:30pm to 6:30am. Mommy and Daddy figured out a few tricks: formula keeps me full much longer than breastmilk and they keep me up until I am totally exhausted and can't make it another step before putting me to bed. It works!!!
I am not as interested in my toys as I once was. I would much rather be exploring and playing with the remote control or laptop or basically anything Mommy and Daddy don't want me to have. I like to check out my surroundings and bang things together to make NOISE! Along with my new exploring endeavors, Mommy and Daddy have been teaching me the meaning of NO. Fortunately, so far I have caught on pretty quickly. I have started to experience separation anxiety. When Mommy or Daddy leave the room I begin to cry - but not every time - mostly just when I am tired or hungry. Things get me much more upset under those circumstances. I still do not like to get dressed . . . typical boy. I am VERY strong and full of ENERGY. I am at the point where I don't really want to be held most of the time, I would much rather be crawling or standing. I make this known by the way I squirm around like a wiggle worm when I am held. I will climb up your belly and over your shoulder, or I will arch my back and fling my head backwards. When I don't want to sit down, I will lock my knees. Yes, I am a stinker. Mommy and Daddy call me a little monkey.
Daddy likes to sneak up on me and chase me around the den. I just squeal and giggle loudly and crawl as fast as I can in the opposite direction or toward Mommy. It is so much fun.
I still love my jumper that hangs in the doorway. Only I don't really jump. I just love to run as fast and far as I can, then the tension makes me swing backwards and I start all over again laughing and squealing all the way! I entertain myself in my jumper mostly in the evenings when Mommy and Daddy are preparing dinner. Another one of my favorite things to do is stand in my exersaucer by the back door and watch my doggies: Buddy and Daisy. They come up to the window to see me, and I just love it! I am crazy about dogs!
I will soon be 8 months old! My how time flies. Mommy is supposed to dress me up like Charlie Brown for Halloween if she can ever get my costume together! We will have to post some pictures! Thanksgiving and Christmas are just around the corner, and we are so excited about spending time with family and friends. Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment